Saturday, September 09, 2006

ATTORNEY SAYS YOU SHOULD PAY ATTENTION TO MY ADVICE

Dear Samuel,

Yesterday I was sitting next to an attorney on the plane from NY yesterday. I was jotting down some notes on a pad of paper, and he whipped out a sudoku puzzle. I asked him to teach me how to do it and he obliged. I'll probably be addicted so sudoku forever because of it. We ended up talking for the rest of the flight. It was a great conversation. We even talked about you!

He asked me what I was writing about on the pad of paper. I told him I was writing some notesfor a blog entry on how to convince you to fully fund a ROTH IRA while you're still young and not paying taxes.
"Hmm... Well he won't appreciate the good advice for a long long time probably. But that's good advice."

"Yeah, well he's just a freshman in high school. I figure that he can ignore 95% of what everybody says, but if he does a few things right he will avoide a lot of trouble for himself. For example, I really wish I hadn't blown off the PSAT back in the day, because that put me out of the running for being a national merit scholar."

"Yeah. The PSAT is probably more important than the SAT. For the purposes of getting a scholarship anyway. And if you do well on the PSAT you'll do fine on the SAT."

"So you're doing this high tech blog thing for your brother, who is going to type up your chicken scratch notes later to put it online?"

"Oh, I will. I've got a laptop right here, but sometimes it's just easier scratching out ideas on a notepad."

"Well, it's a good idea. I have a 13 year old son. I wouldn't have let him blow off the PSAT in a few years, but I hadn't thought of the ROTH IRA idea. That's a good idea."

"Yep, I'm full of good ideas."

later

Jay

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?