Wednesday, August 16, 2006

THE 5 YEAR RULE

Samuel,

The previous posts weren't written in an effort to bore you. I'm just trying to lay a groundwork of fundamentals so that in the future when I explain something you'll have somewhere to put it in your brain and organize it.

At this point in your life you are doing just great. But life is kind of like a video game. Later on the game is harder than at the beginning. My logic for starting this blog stems from something I learned when I worked for this guy on the left:

That's Zeke Sanchez and one of his sons. He's one of the founders of the Anasazi Foundation. I think you already know this was my favorite job I've ever had. That's largely because Ezekiel Sanchez was the best boss EVER.

One of the things I learned when I worked at the Anasazi foundation was the 5 year rule. Here is the rule:

"Start teaching a concept 5 years before the person really needs to know it."

Its also something you can do with yourself. Go somewhere quiet, and visualize yourself 5 years from now. Where will you be living? What kind of food will you eat? How tall will you be? What is a typical day going to look like? What do you know then that you don't know now? Spend a little time, and get a list together of the things you think you'll need to know in 5 years and pick two things you can start on now and work on them for a few months.

If you do the 5 year visualization exercise every 6 months, you'll be amazed at how much you can accomplish.

Remember the 5 year rule grasshopper,

Jay

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?